50 minutes (40 minutes in the oven)
1. Set the oven to 180°C. Peel and half the carrots lenghtwise, and lay on a baking sheet with baking paper.
2. Sprinkle the carrots with olive oil, salt and pepper and set them in the oven for about 40 minutes (stir once in the middle).
3. Prepare the pesto - blend all the ingredients together.
3. Prepare the miso glaze: mix miso, butter and sugar. After the carrots have been in the oven, check for readiness, the carrots should be ideally still a bit firm but ready to eat. Add the miso glaze to the carrots and coat them - so that the glaze would be overall. Set them back to the oven for 2 minutes.
4. Serve warm - topped with pesto, sprinkled with some pumkin seeds and freshly gound black pepper.
FOR THE PESTO:
1 bunch leafy carrot tops, chopped
1 large handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, sliced
1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
1 lime, zested and juiced
2 tablespoons pumkin seeds, chopped + more for garnish
2 teaspoons sesame seeds
75 ml olive oil
salt and freshly cracked pepper
FOR THE CARROTS:
2 tablespoons miso paste
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 teaspoon coconut sugar (any brown sugar will do)
2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
680 gr small to medium carrots
pepper and salt